Saturday, September 5

party of one

party of one: the loners' manifesto

by: anneli rufus




Something in this business makes sense.

Though it highlights how I feel as though I contain a little bit of everything within me.

I have felt a little lost because I haven't been able to confidently determine my exact level of need for others.

I am no longer shy. But I am often very private.

I know how to make friends. I get along with most people. I am very easy-going.

But I am rarely satisfied. I always need to be able to get away.

At the same time I also need connections. Sometimes I just need someone to talk to--to hold--to simply be with.

It feels sort of like being bisexual; neither gay nor straight while sharing qualities with both. I am neither a loner nor a nonloner but pieces of both.

It makes sense with my clothes, with my behavior, with my constantly changing being...

Does everyone feel this dynamic?

1 comment: